Choosing the Right Career can be the best decision you make in Life. At NusExpense we intend to help you make the right choices and decisions. This Page goes for those of you who just had Your Bachelor’s Degree or Your Advanced Levels Certificate, and why not those of you who are already working.
Consider the following points below.
- Do Something that Excites and Energizes You: This one’s the first obvious step—we all want to enjoy and actually like our careers. (Perhaps the biggest sign you’re on the wrong path is if you dread talking about your job.) While passion isn’t the only requirement for being content in your career, many would say it’s still essential, if only because passion is what keeps you going even through the tough times. Is there a job you would do job for free? Always Listen to your In Child Voice. Cuz your Inner Voice Never Lies to you.
- Be True To Yourself, Keep In Mind What You Are Good At: You can’t be good at Maths then you think about doing Engineering or trying to future your Studies in Information Technology. Choose what you are perfect at, If writing is your Passion, become a Writer, polish your Literature skills. If You love Animals consider entering into the Agriculture Milieu, If you Love taking care for people, Consider joining the Medical Field. If you Love Law and Order, become A Lawyer, Police Officer, Army.
- Know what your Career Entails: Know what your Career Entails. a) To become a Medical Doctor, you’ll need to sit for Rigorous Medical Examinations, and you will need to Stay in School for 7 years. b) To become an Engineer you need to be Creative, Patient, Discipline You may sit for Entrance Exams. c) To become a Politician You will need to study Political Sciences, attend many seminars, political Rallies and talk to alot of people. d) TO become an Accountaint you’ll need to enter into an Accountancy School. get a Degree and further your studies with Certifications like ACCA.
- Try an Internship: So many Jobs require years of Experience. You can’t have that at an Early age. Try doing Local internships to gather more experience in your field of Study. During School breaks, Apply for Free Internships or even Volunteer to offer your Services to a firm. This would go a long way in building your CV.
- Look for A Mentor: Looking for a Mentor goes a long way for you avoiding so many errors. A Mentor is someone who has experience in the field you want to pursue. Bear in mind that your Mentor maybe someone that is younger than you. HAving a Mentor would furthermore guide you.
- Use the G-P-V Formula: The perfect career for you would most likely fit the G+P+V formula, which stands for Gifts + Passions + Values. Consider your strengths and passions, as we’ve noted above, and your values—what’s nonnegotiable about the way you work?
- See Your Career as a Set of Stepping Stones: Of course, all these plans and ideas are never set in stone. Your career is a marathon, not a sprint and it can turn out to be a very winding road indeed, knitted together from all of your experiences into, hopefully, a career worth having.